Diane Neumann, M.A., J.D., is the author of two nationally acclaimed books: Divorce Mediation: How to Cut the Cost and Stress of Divorce and Choosing a Divorce Mediator. Diane started her mediation practice in 1981. She is the founder and principal of her firm, Diane Neumann and Associates: Divorce Mediation Services, which offers a panel of three attorney-mediators and a psychologist-mediator. Diane has mediated over 2,000 disputes, primarily separation and divorce, as well as family-owned business, parenting issues, estate, employment, and HR disputes.
- Member of Massachusetts Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Past President of the national Academy of Family Mediators (AFM) (now the Association for Conflict Resolution)
- Past President of the Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation (MCFM)
- Panel Member of the Massachusetts Office of Dispute Resolution (MODR)
Diane was an adjunct professor at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts and the University of Massachusetts, Boston. She taught courses in advanced mediation skills and techniques.
Court Approved Program
Diane Neumann & Associates: Divorce Mediation Services is an approved ADR Provider for the Massachusetts Superior Court and six Massachusetts Family and Probate Courts: Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, and Worcester.
Diane is the author of three books:
Choosing A Divorce Mediator, Henry Holt & Co., New York, 1996.
Divorce Mediation: How to Cut the Cost and Stress of Divorce, Henry Holt & Co., New York, 1989.
Handbook on Divorce, Divorce Center, Inc., Framingham, MA.
“Two Exes, One Roof” Boston Globe, June 15, 2008, Lisa Prevost
“How Mediation Can Effectively Address the Male-Female Power Imbalance in Divorce” Mediation Quarterly, Spring 1992, Jossey-Bass Inc., San Francisco, California.
“Advanced Techniques” Mediation Quarterly, Winter 1990, Jossey-Bass, Inc., San Francisco, California.
“Lesbian and Gay Mediation in the 90s.” A paper included in the workbook at the second annual Lavender Law Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, 1990.
- Boston Globe
- Boston Herald
- Conflict Resolution Quarterly (the Association of Conflict Resolution Journal)
- Family and Conciliation Courts Review
- Family Law Quarterly (American Bar Association)
- Jewish Advocate
- Ladies Home Journal
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Mediation Quarterly (the Association for Conflict Resolution Journal)
- MetroWest TAB
- Middlesex News
- Money Magazine
- Negotiation Journal
- Newton TAB
- New York Times
- Wellesley Townsman
- J. D. New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- M. A. Framingham State University, Framingham, Massachusetts